At Footy Addicts we require all players to promote high standards of behaviour at our games.
Respect is the most important part of football. Respecting your team-mates and opponents will go a long way to making sure everyone enjoys the game and feels involved.
Play your part and observe Footy Addicts’ Code of Conduct for players at all times.
- Adhere to the Laws of The Game.
- Make an effort to be on time and comment on the game if you are going to be late. Arriving more than 15 minutes could result in you losing your spot.
- Remember that we play for fun and to enjoy the game.
- Promote Fair Play throughout the game.
- Always respect the Host’s decisions.
- Win or lose with dignity.
- Shake hands with the opposing team at the end of every game.
- Speak to teammates, the opposition and the organiser with respect.
- Be prepared to pay £10 if you lose a ball due to unnecessary force.
⛔ DO NOT
- Disrupt the game
- Enter a challenge if you can hurt your opponent.
- Engage in offensive, insulting, abusive language or behaviour
- Engage in any kind of aggressive or violent behaviour
- Criticise of team-mates or opponents.
- Avoid spitting close to other players. If you feel the need to do so do it outside the playing area & far from other players (COVID warning)
I understand that if I do not follow the Code of Conduct, any/all of the following actions may be taken by Footy Addicts:
- Be required to apologise to team-mates, the other team, referee or team manager
- Receive a warning
- Be required to serve a suspension
- Be banned from joining any future Footy Addicts games
Game warning for any kind of negative behaviour that does not adhere to Code of Conduct. (i.e. shouting, complaining, disrupting the game, lateness).
Yellow card for:
- Entering a challenge if you can hurt the opponent (professional foul).
- Engaging in criticism of team-mates or opponents.
- Continued lateness, no-show.
Red card for:
- Engaging in offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
- Bullying, intimidating or harassment.
Community ban when engaging in any kind of violent behaviour or discrimination.
2 x Game warning = 1 x Yellow Card
2 x Yellow card equals:
- 1 month suspension
- Expulsed from game (if same game)
1 x Red card equals:
- 1 month suspension
- Expulsed from game
2 x Red cards (or 4 x Yellow cards), Discrimination or Violence equals:
- Community ban
- All sanctions are cumulative over players life-time usage of Footy Addicts
- Retrospective action may be taken
- Game warnings can be rescinded if player apologises to group
- Game host, facilitator, organiser, community manager all have authority to issue sanctions